I was born on this day sixteen years ago today! Yay me! Yes today is my sixteenth birthday and considering the events of the past 5 weeks I am very excited that today I can try to forget and celebrate. Although nor do me and my family understand let alone participate in “Sweet Sixteen” parties with a big cake, drunk teens and a new car (although that last one would be nice), we do however throw a party with my immediate family and then I get together with friends later on.
I have been reflecting on my life up until this point (which probably sounds ridiculous because there is probably food in the fridge older than me, but…) Throughout these years I have gained quite a bit of knowledge on what to do, what not to do and things you will do without even realizing it. Here it is “Sixteen Things I Have Learned Throughout My Sixteen Years Of Living”
- I can maintain long, and complex relationships with people I do not even remotely like, solely based on the fact we are in the same circle of friends. No matter how much I may dislike this person as long as I do not verbalize it, our relationship can last a life time
- Mom is always write…need I say more 😦
- The internet is able to be both your best friend and your enemy. Yes those horrible selfies I took when I was 12 are out there…somewhere. When they say everything you put on the internet lasts forever they are not lying.
- I am able to be so stealthy that the majority of administration at my school, doesn’t even realize I am wearing a non-uniform sweater and scarf! Except for the VP’s….One day. #OG
- I am so talented that I can get changed in almost anywhere; bathroom stall. Check! Back of the car. Check! In the airplane lavatory. The Ultimate Check!
- I will always, completely, truly suck at math!
- My hair will always win the battles
- Everyone is always cuter when they are babies, unless your my sister who was quite vainey as a baby and slightly resembled an alien
- To keep your hopes, dreams and aspirations a secret because some people are jerks and will tell me that it is stupid or I can’t do it. I personally do not have time nor the energy for that
- It is important to be nice to everyone…you will never know who they will become
- Family is important
- All the best pictures of me are the action shots of me pouting (yes like the “i did not get what I want and now I will hate you and look at you like this for 5 minutes just incase you didn’t know” face). I will always and forever have the best “mean” pout…it’s an art
- Love is a big word…beware of those who throw it around like a “hello!”
- Buying shoes is the greatest therapy
- Reading childhood books will always make you feel better…that and ice cream
- ? ? ?that is one that only this year will tell, I have yet to figure it out 😉
How do I love you?
let me count the ways.
I love you on your very best…
and your very worst of days
~How Do I Love You, a book/poem from my childhood
Hope you all enjoyed and I look forward to doing something like this every year. I hope you all have a great Sunday. As you have noticed things have changed and a post will be coming out to explain all of that. As for now if you have any questions please comment or contact me!